Are your knees bugging you?
If so, here is what you should know:
• Knee pain is estimated to affect upwards of 25% of the population
• Knee pain is most often caused by overuse
• Knee replacement surgeries are on the rise!
• You do not HAVE to live with knee pain!
Most think that as we age aches and pains are normal. Knee pain can be added to this list! As mentioned, knee pain is most often caused by overuse. There are 2 consequences of overuse in the body; adhesion and degeneration.
1. Adhesion. Adhesion is the primary result of overuse. It acts like glue on soft tissues to make joints weaker and less flexible. Adhesion is the most common, most misdiagnosed, and most mistreated condition in human body. Fixing adhesion restores range of motion, increases strength, and eliminates pain.
2. Degeneration. Degeneration (think arthritis) gets most of the attention. Unfortunately, adhesion precedes degeneration and ultimately leads to faster and further progress of the degeneration in the joint. If your doctor has told you have arthritis there is nearly a 100% chance you also have adhesion! Fixing adhesion will not only improve joint function but slows the progression of your degeneration!
If you can’t tell from the above, adhesion and fixing adhesion is a very, big deal! Fortunately, if you have knee pain there is a simple test you can do at home to check for it!
To start the test, stand upright. Grab your ankle and attempt to pull the heel into butt. Make sure that the thigh being tested is inline with opposite leg and has not moved in front of it. If you cannot pull the heel to your butt, or if pain is present you have failed the test. Adhesion is the most likely result. I am guessing if you have knee pain most of you out there that tried the test did not do so well! This puts you at a much higher risk for future degeneration, cartilage damage, and other major knee injuries.
The good news? We can help!
The doctors at Thrive Spine and Sport are experts at finding and fixing adhesion. We are the most experienced office in the state of Iowa to deal with this issue! By performing specific bio mechanical tests to check function and correlate your prior history and other relevant findings during the exam we can determine your level of success from our treatment.
If you or someone you know is currently suffering with knee pain, we encourage you to call our office today at 319-423-0925 or go to www.thrivespineandsport.com/appointment-request to schedule an appointment today!
Thanks for reading!